SaVage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SaVage

Strength in numbers...

5 posters

Guild craft - suggestion box

Tiber
    Tiber
    Pikeman
    Pikeman

Guild craft - suggestion box Empty Guild craft - suggestion box

Post  Tiber Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:11 am

Please use this topic to let us know how you would like us to approach guild craft. Workload cap, use, items etc. If you are happy with the current approach pls say so and if there is something that you are not happy with do raise it here as well. We will try to deal with guild craft in a way that meets the wishes of the majority.
    HolleyLeaf

Guild craft - suggestion box Empty my 2 cents

Post  HolleyLeaf Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:58 pm

I am rather dispassionate about this topic since I rarely craft, however here are my thoughts. I think that Guild crafting naturally is meant to benefit the guild. It can benefit members in 2 ways. 1. Crafting large workload items too large for PC --benefiting all with experience. and 2. Guild points.

It seems to me that #1 is the primary objective, and we should keep that in mind while trying to maximize #2.

I see no problem with the current rule, so long as everyone is informed of the rule (i.e. PM upon joining), and that exceptions are allowed if "good cause" is given to an officer. It seems to me that exceptions would be rare since craft batches could be broken up in most cases.

Let's not take ourselves too seriously. Remember, when it comes to life, no one gets out alive. Wink

geek
    Peace,
    Holley

ravynne
    ravynne
    Worker
    Worker

Guild craft - suggestion box Empty Re: Guild craft - suggestion box

Post  ravynne Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:50 am

I do want some flexibility with the guild craft. We have so much high levels now grinding it, a little flexibility should be fine.

I have notice people putting in batches of jewel crafts for the 30mil workload and this is nice, but at the same time if we were able to put it all in one batch the g/c won't have jewels in all three slots at the same time. There be more variety and people can have a chance to put in much needed crafts.

I do however want to stick with the 30mil workload because doing a 75mil workload on jewels in g/c can really slow down g/c as people start p/c as soon as jewels crafts appear.

So my suggestion is we allow people to go over the 30mil workload if only they can grind the workload themselves at a efficient pace, otherwise the 30mil workload remain. The key thing here is grind it yourself, its only fair since that you're the one putting up such a big workload on undesirable crafts. I've seen jewel crafts of 30mil workload taking a whole day to finish when it only takes a single DG equip half a day to complete. So yea if you put up big workload of jewel crafts, expect yourself to finish it in g/c. Or schedule your jewel craft when hilly and tiber plays because those two I notice are the ones who kill any craft anytime and they kill it fast. Thanks you two =)

If we are allow to go over the 30mil workload, people should not abuse this flexibility otherwise it probably go back to the original limit. People should keep in mind of how big a workload they themselves could grind instead of just hoping other people will do the work for them, because you never know when people have their own p/c on and then there be a big workload stuck in g/c. Timing is about luck or weekend g/c hahaha.

Weekend g/c finishes really fast so another suggestion I have is the possibility of larger g/c during the weekend. Arch can finish one evil craft in how many hours? Which when I calculate the time is probably faster than LV120+ grinding a DG equip. So if Arch puts up 2 evil craft and grind it himself, its almost the same time as a low level grinding a DG equip. No test for this yet, so giving approximate guessing hahaha.

If we can have double nix or double dg in g/c (on the weekend only) it be much faster to outfit people with needed gear instead of waiting for the g/c to be open up individually. This way if two people work together to put up on one batch of DG, we have two people working on the DG themselves and the g/c itself wouldn't be stall at all. It be sooo much faster to get ourself geared up because waiting for the the g/c to open up is a pain sometimes.

Maximizing the guild points from g/c is nice but at the same time we don't have to worry as much about bid war spikes, so maybe we can use the g/c for our advantage too. We also have a high number of lv 120+ who can easily grind a big workload themselves if they wanted to, so lets give them the incentive to do it and at the same time get guild points out of them. Win win solution =)

Come on people, put up your suggestions, I know there's more than me that want a little change in g/c. Don't grumble in the background, speak up!
    Hodierna

Post  Hodierna Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:50 am

Gah, you silly people made me register for a forum because I'm passionate enough about this topic. 'grr

Anyways, I actually disagree with Holley a little bit, in the sense that guild craft is mostly for people who can't PC the workload. While this may be true in some cases, once you hit 122, I think you can PC just about anything, and the limiting factor is the types of items that you can craft <coughArchisgodlycough>....moving on.

For the guild craft itself, I think there should be separate conditions that should be used. Like ravy said, I am absolutely fine with the 30m workload on crystals. I don't mind multiple GC slots being taken, either, if it's different people putting up their own crystals. In fact, I think the entire 30m workload rule is absolutely fine for weekdays. I also have some suggestions that I will list below for "regular" play, and my reasoning. So, thus far, my rules/ideas would be:

(Apply during weekdays)
    1. No more than 30m workload in GC

(Suggestions during all time)
    2. At least one crystal/tool craft should be in GC at all times - my reasoning behind this is that just about everyone can do crystals or tools, so in the interest of keeping GC going, at least one should be in GC. We don't want evil, evil, evil, Arch just went to bed.
    3. Not all three GC slots should be crystal/tool - self explanatory.
    4. No more than 1 GC slot can be taken per person - This would just be in the interest of fairness. Even if someone needs a TON of crystals, he/she shouldn't take up all 3 slots with his/her crystals, even if they're 30m or less workload per.
    5. If your item is currently being worked on in guild craft, you will make a reasonable effort to help with the workload - again, common decency. There are times when you're afk, and that's fine. There are times when your overnight PC isn't done, I get that. But it's (especially) annoying when your crystals are being worked on, I'm grinding beside you/in your ldp, and I see that your contribution is not going towards the guild craft. What the heck....really?
    6. Arch has some leeway to rule 4 - This one I disagree with, but I feel that Arch is pretty indispensible to the variety of guild crafts we can do. It'd be nice if he did his own crystal crafts, but that's like saying it'd be nice if he went to GD or ND...

That's my list of suggestions/weekday guild craft rules.
    However, with weekends when there are more people playing, I would like for the rules to be tweaked.

1. Allow for double nix/dg - I would say evil, but if Arch puts up 2x evil guns, I'll even qq. Like ravy said, we usually have better participation during weekends, and we definitely have more exp. It's one of the things that pushed Bey to quit, I think, since it's incredibly frustrating wanting to craft two pieces and have them come out different pluses. If it's gear (which is usually a desirable craft exp), I say let people do it. You can even limit it to 1 of these in GC at any given time if you're afraid of workload.
    2. Be nicer about newbies / give exception to people who don't craft much - This was one reason why Beyleon quit. Our hard and fast rules on people who didn't know any better. At times, like 10 freezing axes, I understand a cancel. But if someone's going a bit over (40m, for example), I would let them keep it. You can maybe even make this a regular rule. When I say give exception, I mean to people like Beyleon or Holley, who rarely use GC. If they want to put up a big craft, especially on the weekend, I would explain it to them, but let them. Also, if you REALLY don't like this rule, make it by approval from leader/officer.

Bring on the rage/suggestions/ideas.
    metal_sum

Guild craft - suggestion box Empty 2 Cents

Post  metal_sum Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Believe it or not I actually agree mostly with Hodi. However, I think the feeling amongst we slightly lower level players is that you higher levels sometimes get into your own thing and forget about us. As long as those of us that cannot grind out large crafts for ourselves are not swept aside in this process,(or looked down on for wanting to craft the things WE need crafted) I think everything that Hodi has said will work quite well. Very Happy

Oh and of course I agree COMPLETELY with everything Holley said, or has said, or ever will say, yeah. What a Face

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:56 am