SaVage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SaVage

Strength in numbers...

3 posters

AO Stories - event

Tiber
    Tiber
    Pikeman
    Pikeman

AO Stories - event Empty AO Stories - event

Post  Tiber Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:22 am

Use this thread to share one or more funny events that may have happened to you while playing AO. Anything that you find amusing now even if you didn't find it amusing at the time. Bad timing for dcs, KJs, ppl cursing, deleted gear, failed enhancing, etc. Use screenshots for you story if you wish. This thread will be open for the next 3 days and a juri panel will look at them and decide on the best, funniest or bizarre story and the winner will be awarded a +1 Nix Helmet (courtesy of Secriden).

Last edited by Tiber on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    ravynne
    ravynne
    Worker
    Worker

AO Stories - event Empty The defeat of the ' Ravy Army '

Post  ravynne Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:21 am

One day after after some long conversations with some ppl, not listing names here, was convinced that NDOOR finally delivered its best event ever.

The prospects of a costume set + wings was all that fulfilled my greedy mind throughout the week.

Convinced I had the best strategy, I began growing two new chars on two new account at once. For the first three days I was happily a/bing both chars and reach lv 50 without much hassle.

It wasn't until I started my second set of chars that a friend of mine made me realize my first set and second set of accounts was unusable. Apparently my main account had to enter a list of friend's email which ndoor will automatically sends to the *cough* friends --inviting them to play atlantica online. Only by making accounts and referencing through that email link were they valid for the event prize. I'd skip that step and made my accounts through the old fashion way without the email links, so my first 4 accounts was invalid. WHAT A BOTHER!!!

At this point, I came to realize maybe I should spend more time reading the fine .... really fine prints NDOOR have on their events.

What's even more insidious was NDOOR was hiding the link of the page that allows people to enter their friend's email. At this point, I should've realize NDOOR never intended to deliver their promises but alas the greed of free costume sets + wings + possible (20x(from alts) + 20(main refer) = 40x 700gcoins buried all sane rationalizations.

I went on my merry ways and made over 20 email accounts. I was aiming for 60 accounts at that time, though I settle for 20 after awhile.

Made 4 sets of account and was waiting for the first milestone of reward to kick in... kept waiting and waiting.... and..... waiting

Dig around in the forum and realize there were alot of other ppl waiting too.

After much investigating and confirmation from people who doesn't multi-client like I do, ndoor not only checks the ip address but also the mac address of each account player.

And so the last saga of the ravy army came to a close and disappeared in history... only remembered by its mentor Kangis.
    Zokny

AO Stories - event Empty Re: AO Stories - event

Post  Zokny Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:04 pm

so ravy won by default? lol

gratz!
    Tiber
    Tiber
    Pikeman
    Pikeman

Post  Tiber Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:24 am

After so many stories to pick from and many hours of deliberation the prize goes to Ravynne... who is now the proud owner of a +1 nix chain helmet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:54 am