SaVage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SaVage

Strength in numbers...

2 posters

Titan Mining

Tiber
    Tiber
    Pikeman
    Pikeman

Titan Mining Empty Titan Mining

Post  Tiber Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 am

A not so recent patch added 40 mines in the Titan server that can be attacked/occupied by guilds from all servers. Occupying these mines gives oriharukon and xp to each group that controls the mine in 30 min ticks, 12:00, 12.30, 13:00, 13:30 and so on.

The list of the mines can be viewed using Alt X or Community > Excavation

Titan Mining Excavationlistofmines

Occupying mines is not only a good way to get oriharukon is also a good way to get xp for mercs while you sleep or not active. I also find it very helpful in lvling up new mercs. In the SS below you can see how much xp was given to each merc after 18 1/2 hour ticks (9 hours):

Titan Mining Excavationmercxp

Mercs that are 120/130+ get more xp but the fact the inventor, minstrel and princess all get over 10 mil xp each means you can lvl up mercs very easily from 0 to 100. The formula for the xp gained at the mines is (merc lvl) x 200 x (the number ori obtained).

So, the main benefits of titan mining are:

- Awesome xp for all mercs in periods of inactivity, ie. when you got to sleep
    - Plenty of Oriharukon which is used to craft pega gear but can also be exchanged for a variety of other items at the NPC Qasim in Titan's Rome gate. These items include nix feathers, evil imprints, depraved seeds

What is needed to conquer and occupy a mine

1. Home - mines are attacked the same way we send expeditions to the various skirmishes using the expedition feature in our homes. Just need to select "mine" and the mine number you have decided to attack/move to

Titan Mining Excavationselectingmini

2. Attacking/occupying group - The status of the 40 mines in titan can be either white (unnoccupied), red (occupied by some other guild) or yellow (occupied by our guild). While it's very handy to lvl up low lvl mercs using the mines we first need to actually conquer a mine for that to happen. The battles for the mines in Titan can be observed and from observations most guilds that send mostly low lvl mercs or 'undressed' mercs tend to lose those battles. Each mine has 10 expedition slots. If the mine has already been conquered by our guild any spare slots can be taken by anyone in the guild with low might groups/mercs. If we are going to attack a mine to conquer it we will need more than just a lot of low lvl/might mercs to do it. Groups from our guild totalling no more than 7 mil might have conquered mines with defending groups of 10 mil might+. Two reasons for this. One is that we sent well geared mercs and while we might have sent fewer mercs and hence the lower might our mercs were able to easily kill the numerous low might mercs occupying the mine. The other reason is that over time and the longer a group occupies the mine the weaker the mercs become. In Titan you can go check the mines and left click on them to see all the info on how much ori is left, which mercs are there, total might, etc. In order to select a mine to attack one of us usually goes to titan to chek the mines and find a suitable one to attack. Basically one that we think we can conquer.
    Here's an SS of an occupied mine:

Titan Mining Excavationoccupiedmine

Groups will return home once the mine runs out of oriharukon or if you decide to recall them. No longer than 12 hours for low lvl mines.

One thing that is very important to occupy the mines is to properly set up the life, healing and mana pots on the party leader. Without all of these your group will be useless for anything more than one battle and will create problems to the other groups defending the mine. It's the same set up as per normal skirmish expeditions. Party leader in the SS below is going to be the Ody. Party leader will go on the top left slot of the formation. Just put enough life, healing and mana pots to last a few fights

Titan Mining Excavationpartyleader

I will edit and add to this later but just wanted to give everyone that doesn't do mining yet an idea of how it works and its benefits. Anyone in the guild with a home is welcome to join any mining expeditions. Players will usually ask in chat who's up for mining and you are welcome to tag along even if you don't have a lot of might. Although we still need strong enough groups to conquer one. If a mine in the mine list shows as yellow (occupied by us) and not all the 10 slots are taken, it's ok for you to send an expedition to reinforce that mine. If a mine is already taken you won't have to worry to much about the might of your group. Can just send mercs for ori and xp

Last edited by Tiber on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ravynne
    ravynne
    Worker
    Worker

Titan Mining Empty Re: Titan Mining

Post  ravynne Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 am

great post, I can see why it took an hour to do it.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:22 am